Let’s take a short drive to Wendell – a city filled with small town charm and only 15 minutes from Downtown Raleigh.
- For a delicious, farm fresh meal, visit Farmhouse Café located in Wendell Falls. This unique restaurant is owned by Patrick Cowden and Daniel Whittaker, both award winning chefs. They have a loaded menu that everyone in the family will enjoy.
- For a fun night out with friends, visit Bearded Bee Brewing Company located in downtown Wendell. They have many different types of beer to choose from and food trucks/events almost every day. They use local ingredients and support local beekeepers to ensure honey bees are kept safe.
- Grab some ice cream and go shopping all at the Wendell General Store in downtown Wendell. This adorable shop features old fashioned candy, North Carolina made jams and jellies, local honey, Ashe County cheese, and over 20 glass bottled drinks to take you back in time.
- Spend time in nature at Robertson Millpond Preserve. With 85-acres to explore, you can spend the entire day hiking the trails, fishing, enjoying the historic sites, and boating. The cypress swamp is home to many different species, including the screech and great horned owls, black ducks, downy woodpeckers, beavers, frogs, turtles, and fish. Make sure to bring your phone with you for social media worthy pictures and videos.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the Wendell Country Club. This 18-hole course has been known as the “best golf value in Wake County” since is opening in 1957. While you’re there, take a few practice swings at the range, or ask about joining their member-only pool. If you need to work on your golf game, schedule a time to meet with Hall of Fame Golf Coach at NC State and PGA Member, Richard Sykes.
We love being able to share our favorite things about the Triangle. Check out some of our favorites and, as always, if you have any questions, please give us a call at 919-782-4505.