Durham, NC Guide
Durham, NC Guide
Things to Do in Durham, NC
Durham has a wide variety of food options to cater to every taste. So much so that it’s even been crowned as the “Tastiest Town in the South” by Southern Living magazine. For a fusion between American Southern and South American cuisine, Luna Rotisserie and Empanadas is the perfect place. They use locally-sourced, fresh ingredients whenever possible, making their food both wholesome and delicious.
If you’ve been searching for a great pizza place to make your regular spot, look no further than Pizzeria Toro. A local favorite, their pizzas are wood fired and the ingredients are fresh, making for the perfect pizza for you and your family.
Spend your weekend afternoon on Ninth Street – grab a cold beer at Dain’s Place, or enjoy a massive burrito at Durham’s own Cosmic Cantina. Referred to by the Herald-Sun as “Durham’s Greenwich Village,” Ninth Street has something for everyone.
Located near Duke’s east campus is Juju, one of the best places for Asian cuisine in town. Not only do they have great food, but they also have hand-crafted cocktails and an extensive sake selection. It’s the perfect place for a date night, or a night out with friends.
Arts and Attractions
Schools & Employment
Durham, NC Neighborhoods
- Burch Avenue Historic District
- Cleveland Street District
- Durham Cotton Mills Village Historic District
- East Durham Historic District
- Forest Hills Historic District
- Foster and West Geer Streets Historic District
- Golden Belt Historic District
- Holloway Street District
- Hope Valley
- Lakewood Park Historic District
- Morehead Hill Historic District
- North Durham-Duke Park District
- Pearl Mill Village Historic District
- Stokesdale Historic District
- Trinity Historic District
- Watts–Hillandale Historic District
- West Durham Historic District