Now that the dust has settled on Apple coming to the Triangle, let’s talk about what it really means for the Triangle and the entire state of North Carolina.
Raleigh continues to be ranked as one of the best places to live in the nation. It’s no wonder that an average of 188 people are moving to the Triangle every day to enjoy our wonderful universities, hospitals, tech and medical companies, the housing market and so much more! Here are the top five reasons to be excited that Apple is coming to town!
- Creating Jobs
- When news broke that Apple had picked the Research Triangle Park to build a campus and engineering hub, they also announced that they plan to create at least 3,000 jobs over the next few years.
- Helping Communities Across the State
- Apple committed to establishing a $100 million fund to support schools and community initiatives across the state.
- Improving Broadband, Roads and Bridges
- The tech company also plans to invest $110 million to fund infrastructure for broadband, roads, bridges and public schools throughout North Carolina’s 80 counties.
- Real Estate
- Home prices in the Triangle are already booming and we will start to see real estate growth continue especially outside of the Raleigh and Durham city limits.
- Ties with North Carolina
- Apple’s COO, Jeff Williams, is a Raleigh native and went to high school at Sanderson in North Hills and graduated college from NC State University.
We are so excited about the future of our community and can’t wait to bring you more exciting news through our social media, podcast and YouTube channel. Follow us in the links below to keep up with our team and everything happening in the Triangle.